"All of the larger-than-life questions about our presence here on earth and what gifts we have to offer are spiritual questions. To seek answers to these questions is to seek a sacred path."
- Lauren Artress, Episcopal priest and director of Veriditas: Voice of the Labyrinth Movement at Grace Cathedral, San Francisco
Integrative Spiritual Practice at Rockefeller Chapel
From East and West…
Rockefeller Chapel is used daily for gatherings of various religious and spiritual communities, and all these events are open to all interested participants.
- Twenty Minutes Still, twenty minutes of meditation for those of any tradition or background, is offered at 8 am every weekday in the Chapel.
- Restorative Yoga takes place every Tuesday at 5:30 pm and 6:45 pm in the Chancel
- Mindfulness meditation classes take place Mondays at 3 pm and Wednesdays at 2 pm, with an extra drop-in half hour for all who are interested on Wednesdays at 3 pm (students should contact Ginger Carr at the Student Counseling and Resource Service to sign up for these classes — the half hour on Wednesdays at 3 pm requires no sign up).
- Zen Buddhist meditation and dharma talks take place every Wednesday at 5 pm in the Chancel.
- Hindu and Muslim students say daily prayers in the Hindu and Muslim prayer rooms
- Muslim families gather weekly for adult and children’s educational programs.